I am doing everything within my power to stave off that cold-weather skin look. You know what I’m talking about. You go outside and brave the blustery cold and all of a sudden your skin turns dry and all of these lines (which you never even knew you had) seem to be exacerbated by the ridiculous cold temperatures and high velocity winds! The crypt keeper is a look I’m trying to stave off until I am actually in a crypt.
Here are a few tips to staying hydrated and LOOKING hydrated during these extremely cold months.
– Agua. Drink it up. Eight glasses a day folks. Just make it a habit, like brushing your teeth. Systematically drink water throughout the day and your body, hair, and skin will thank you.
– Shower at night. Showering at night is one of the best ways to trap in moisture. In the winter months just get in that habit of showering at night as opposed to the morning Plus, there is nothing more relaxing than a nice hot shower at the end of a long winter day. Moisturize your skin with lotion at night after your shower and head to bed. This allows your skin to really soak in the moisturizing properties of your lotions. You are a clean and moisturized when you wake up and ready to go. There is no need to ovverstrip your skiin of it’s moisture by showering in the morning and then heading out into the cold.
A few great after shower moisturizers that are personal favorites:
1. Neutrogena Body Oil– This stuff is great. Apply it to towel-dried damp skin right after your shower. It moisturizes and soaks into skin very quickly with a silky non-greasy finish.
2. Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion, Fragrance Free – For those who prefer lotion, this is the one to get. It is fragrance free and hypoallergenic and it is extremely moisturizing. A definite winner in my book.
3. Pura D’or Pure and Organice Argan Oil $28.30
I’ve heard so much hype about Argan Oil that I found it border-line annoying. I finally buckled and decided that I needed to try it and now I’m totally obsessed with the stuff. I’ve been adding it into my nighttime face serum, my morning moisturizer, and my hair serum. It’s amazing. I would advise getting Certified organic, so that you know it is the real deal. A good Argan Oil should come in a dark coated glass bottle and have an earthy almost nutty smell. If it smells fragrant and like perfume than you are not getting pure Argan Oil. It is very potent and super moisturizing, so I say add just a drop of it into your normal moisturizing routine (hair serums, face serums, facial moisturizer, body moisturizers) and let it’s moisturizing powers wow you!
This is the one that I just got and have been running to like a meth addict on Breaking Bad:
PS- Be sure to check the bottom of the Home Page weekly for new Music aka- The song that has been playing non-stop on my iPod for that week!