I am trying to indulge in all of my favorite guilty carbohydrate fantasies before the New Year- When I fully intend to cleanse and become the best version of myself physically. Ughhh. Okay okay. Let’s not focus on the gym and cleanses quiet yet. I need to share this amazing Cookie recipe I’ve developed. It’s your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe except for the fact that I omit the chocolate chips and substitute in crushed oreo cookies! It is AMAZING!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cuppacked light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cups crushed OREO cookies
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in crushed Oreo cookies. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
HIGH ALTITUDE DIRECTIONS :
– Increase flour to 2-2/3 cups.
– Decrease baking soda to 3/4 teaspoon.
– Decrease granulated sugar to 2/3 cup.
– Decrease packed light brown sugar to 2/3 cup.
– Add 1/2 teaspoon water with flour.
– Bake at 375°F, 5 to 7 minutes or until top is light golden with golden brown edges.