– Although it is getting colder that doesn’t mean that we should foresake our healthy summer habits with reckless abandon and head straight for the red wine and comfort foods. (I’m one to talk I’ve been horrible lately. Uh! I digress). Well, I’m trying to be better about getting in those healthy greens that make us feel better and give our skin that radiant glow.
I’m no stranger to spinach smoothies, but this morning I made one that was absolutely delicious and so healthy! I read up on a lot of different versions of a “Green Monster” smoothie and I came up with this recipe. It’s so easy and delish!
– 2 Cups Spinach (I keep a few bags in my freezer)
– 1 Cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Add more if needed)
– 1 Banana
– Put in blender and there you go. If it’s not sweet enough you can add the sweetener of your choice, but I certainly didn’t need to sweeten it up (and I have a major sweet tooth). It was so delicious and such a good way to get in some really healthy greens and potassium. The recipe made one very tall glass and that tall glass only added up to 160 Calories and 3 Grams of Fat!
– My sister is one of the healthiest people I know, so of course I had to check out what she was talking about when she told me about some natural Green Tea Latte that Kristin Cavallari (from ‘The Hills” and “Laguna Beach” fame) swears by. Kristen Cavallari is, and has always been, in amazing shape so of course I had to check out the scoop. I have to give props to Lauryn Evarts at http://www.theskinnyconfidential.com for sharing Kristin’s latte recipe. I’m off to get some Orgranic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder Now.
– The best way to make this is to put 1 heaping tablespoon of Matcha powder in a large mug then add a bit of boiling water. Add just enough water to dissolve the powder into a bright green liquid (about 1/4 cup or so- not much- just enough to dissolve the powder). Stir the powder and boiling water until the powder is completely dissolved. Then add a cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and stir that in. (I also add 1-2 packets of Stevia and a dash of cinnamon at this point) Since the almond milk you are pouring in is cold you have 2 options 1) Transfer the liquid into a glass and add ice so that you have an iced green tea latte or 2) Pop the mug in the microwave and heat up for about a minute so that you have a warm tea latte. Enjoy!